Thursday, September 10

In

Last night we moved into our house.

Scratch that.

Last night we camped in our new house. We had to buy an inflatable mattress and a pumpkin-spiced candle served as our fire.

We love the new floors, carpet and kitchen cabinets. We're crazy about the mud room and the garage. We have more closets than I know what to do with. (10!)

So far we've met a few neighbors and their children. We've also been briefly introduced to a few other neighbors: mama & baby deer, raccoons, frogs and a porcupine.

Seriously... a porcupine.

Our furry child is adjusting well. I know he's sick of being cooped up more than he's used to as the dumb-dumb bolted out of the motel yesterday and proceeded to get himself hit by a car.

No one was hurt. Scared him straight, though.

This morning he happily ran about 50 continuous laps within our fenced backyard before a squawking seagull distracted him.

1 comment:

undefined said...

Congrats on getting into your house -- and on getting on-post housing! So much easier to deal with. I'm hoping for pictures ...

PS - 10 closets! I'm way jealous.