Like I've said before I know a lot about trying to become pregnant but actual pregnancy related information is new territory for me. I knew there would be weird things that come with pregnancy but there was one thing that I never considered: the hormone changes would effect my depression.
I've had depression my whole life although it mainly came out in my pre-teen years. In my opinion I've managed it pretty well. There was only a short period time that I required medication but it was due to another medication I was on. I have up days and down days but I'm pretty good at recognizing it and moving forward.
A week ago, due to pregnancy hormones, my depression creeped back in through the door. This time it was much harder to deal with and, quite honestly, it got me a little worried. The past week consisted of waking up, sitting on the couch in pj's and proceeding to not move for the following 9 hours. Then repeat.
D tries reallyreallyreally hard to keep me moving during times like this. Unfortunately, this time I was a complete stick in the mud. This past week was even hard on him because he's recovering from surgery, and has had to pick up my slack. He is so sweet to find and do little things to cheer me up even if it's for a short period of time.
Today is a completely better day for me. Not only am I happy that I'm out of this rut but it also helps that I was able to get so much stuff around the house done. As I was putting stuff away I looked again at all the little things that D, or others, have sent me this past week and it truly makes me grateful that I have amazing people in my life. It also makes me giddy that all of these little gifts are pregnancy related.
Shea butter, sugar scrub, 12 tiny baby washcloths, a sports bra, three cloth diaper covers, a pregnancy book, pregnancy magazine and a new dress that's maternity friendly. All of these are my favorite things right now.
Goodnight, Crankasaurus Rex. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

No comments:
Post a Comment