Monday, November 26

Perfectly Imperfect (You've Got The Love)

It's one of those days around here.

It's Monday. And I'm tired.

We spend a whirl-wind weekend in the Bay Area. It included two very long drives, two bouts of screaming by a overly tired/ hungry infant (both at times when I couldn't stop or pull over), a GPS that got me lost, extra late nights, and extra exerted energy that's required when traveling with a baby.

It also included lots and lots of family and family friends who were meeting Birdie for the first time. In the midst of enjoying each other's company I tried my best to push away the thought that we will have to part eventually. Visits are never long enough.

It included an extremely short visit with friends who are our surrogate family. Why can't we make it a law that you have to live next door to all of your bestest friends, no matter where life takes you? Seeing them together reminded me how much I miss D. The little kisses, the playfulness, the cuddles. Ouch... I miss that.

It includes a nasty sinus infection. Pressure, runny nose, and gunk of all sorts. I don't really have a voice and if I can squeak anything out I sound like a teenage boy. Hot tea, honey, a netti pot are barely helping.

It includes a Birdie- girl who is tired from being tired. Who wants to nurse more than usual and who wakes the second I put her down. Who graced me with a huge blow out that spread to my already dirty yoga pants. .... Yep... still wearing them.

It includes two wound-up doggies that were angels at the kennel over the weekend but are making me pay today for their built up energy. Duly noted, dogs.

All of this makes one hot mess mama who is just tired. Who wants to shower but is just too lazy. Who is picking fights with D over the details of moving amongst other things. I know he's just as tired as I am.

And, then, in the midst of all this.

Her smile.


You win, little bird.

Let's go do some serious cuddling.

---



No comments: