Sunday, December 23

Trio

These last few weeks have been insanely busy and very surreal. In addition to preparing for D's arrival back home there's Christmas shopping, packing, organizing, and tying up loose ends intermixed with soaking up time with family.

D finally made his way home over a week ago. We both don't do very well when separated so there was a slight awkwardness when he arrived. Not only do we sort of have to get to know each other again, but there's a new little girl added to the mix. And, honestly, I'm playing down the awkwardness quite a bit.

We filled our first few days with just the three of us running errands and having lunch together. D is already an amazing, sweet, and fun daddy. He's jumped right in and is extremely hands on. (There are many times where he wants to do everything.) I'm even impressed that he takes on cloth diapering and does very well. Mila-bird recognizes her dad's voice and finds him hilarious.

I love these two together. I love watching them play. I especially love watching them cuddle.

I love being a trio.




No comments: