Wait... "hit" is an understatement. I think "pelted" or "drenched" are more accurate words.
Then yesterday's storm came along. It started out with some pretty big wind gusts and light rain. Then around dinner time the winds were up to 75 mph. D and I sat on the couch and watched our dual-pane windows bow inward from the pressure.
After 4-5 flickers of lights on, lights off the power gave up. Fortunately we had purchased a propane lantern, just a day ago, for such an occasion. We threw in some candles and badda-bing! We had light.
We were lucky that the power was back on by 10pm. (Considering we were planning on it coming back in a few days like in the past... so we've been told.) A few of our neighbors couldn't make it back to their houses since at least 3 HUGE trees tumbled down across the road.
This morning I ventured outside to see the damage.

In other mess news...
I turned this:

Into this:

You're jealous of our sweet brown carpet, aren't you?


No comments:
Post a Comment