Wednesday, July 21

Sandsations

Last weekend the peninsula held Sandsations: a sand castle building competition. There were many different skill levels. It's hard to see from some of the pictures but I couldn't believe how many people came. Driving through town was terrible! 

Here are some of the creations: 

It's hard to see but there are little dolls as guards and a little princess up high in a tower. 


This one is called "What's the Next Move?"


The Great Wall of China 


Puppy dog


One side of "How to Train Your Dragon." These guys won a lot of prizes.


Other half of "How to Train Your Dragon." 


Hamburger, shake and fries

This one is supposed to be a fish bar. 


Raccoon (?) on a hippo. 


Bigger hippo


Jack's store


Killer whale circling penguins 


This one was called "Llamas on vacation." 


"Wotter bed."- one of my favorites. I love the baby otter on top of the mama. 


Another part of the fish bar.


My absolute favorite one: "Snoopy in the Sky with Diamonds."

D had to work during this weekend so I hope we're able to go together next year. 

No comments: