Wednesday, November 10

Halloween

It's pretty apparent that retailers put a ton of emphasis on Halloween and then go straight to Christmas, skipping anything and everything in between. I've noticed this is years past but it really hit me this year when on November 1st at about 7am I saw the first Christmas advertisement from a well known store. (Really?!)

This year the Wifey-D household decided to "skip" Halloween and focus on the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. We didn't plan on this but with everything else going on, being in California for half of October and then getting settled once coming back home- we didn't have much room to get into the spirit of Halloween. I didn't purchase any pumpkins to carve. 

I know, I know: un-American. 

We were invited to a costume party but I h.a.t.e. dressing up. Despite that, the party plans slowly unraveled on their own. 

Instead, our small celebration consisted of five mini pumpkins scattered across our living room, fall decorations making their appearance throughout our home, and tagging along with our friends' children to trick-or-treat.

 On our way! D hung out with the cowboy...


 ...while I mostly stuck to Batman.


 We were joined by a Love bug...


 ...and a baby cow.


Here's a better picture of the cowboy


 The remainder of our night consisted of left over pizza, bowls of cereal and both of us falling asleep on the couch while watching a movie. Yep... we're that couple now.... and that's probably the scariest thing. 

No comments: