Sunday, December 12

Decked

I finally finished decking our halls with Christmas decor. I anxiously counted down the minutes until Thanksgiving was over so I could pull out our holiday decorations with an giddy smile on my face began putting everything up the day after Thanksgiving. 

I tried my best to wait until December 1st but that didn't work out. 

However- we did wait until December to get our tree. 

 D wanted a picture of the tree. It's a LOT heavier than I expected.


 Why would D help when he could take pictures of me struggling to hold it up? (While laughing)


2010's Christmas tree is a lot taller and fatter than 2009's. I had to buy two extra strands of lights! (I really should have purchased at least one more. I cheated to save $6.99) 

The tree sat with just lights only for about a week. I was too tired to put the ornaments on after getting it set up. 

 Ta-da! Our fatty tree complete with lights and ornaments 
(Flash is on)

 Ta-da! Again... but my flash is off this time. 

I love our house when it's decorated for Christmas. This year we added a lot more since (1) we can afford to, and (2) because we have family coming. Some snapshots... 

 Our living room




 Entry way


Front door 

Can't forget pictures of our Christmas lights. Total, we have approximately 34 boxes (strands) of lights. Over 22 of those are on our garage alone. D and friend did the garage and our little tree. Today I braved the elements (including, but not limited to: rain, 25 mph winds, cold, and electricution) to finish the top of our house and the backyard fence. 




The backyard fence looks better in person. Blue lights on one side and multi-colored on the other. 

Now if I could only finish my handmade gifts and Christmas shopping... 


No comments: