Monday, December 27

Hostess With The Mostest

Today is our last day with D's family in town. What a crazy, fun week it's been! I feel like eating and playing Rock Band endlessly are about the only things we've accomplished. Fortunately the weather has cooperated a bit, and have allowed the boys to go fishing and shooting. 

This was the second time we've hosted Christmas at our house. (Last year being the first) But this was my VERY first year hosting AND cooking Christmas dinner. With a little help from D's mom I was able to pull it off. The only thing I managed to burn was a potholder. (After accidently touching it to the oven coil. No biggie!) 

Up until Christmas day I had been trying to fight some sort of illness. At first I thought it was the flu but it turned out to be a combination of side effects, sleep deprivation, sinus infection and 9 combined hours of singing to Rock Band. Lots of caffiene and Mucinex kept me going, but I ended up completely losing my voice a few hours before Christmas dinner. 


We feasted on glazed ham, salad, green bean casserole, funeral potato casserole, and rolls. 


 The gang minus three



 After dinner we enjoyed a very competitive game of Cranium. 

All in all, Santa was extremely good to Hubs and Wifey this year. Actually, I got really spoiled by D Santa by receiving a brand new camera....Merry Christmas to me!

 I'm extremely excited to take better pictures on a camera with a way better zoom lense. And I plan on taking better care of this camera since we beat the crap out of our old one. One day (waaaaay in the future) I will have my SLR camera that I've been dreaming of. 

To demonstrate better zoom/ quality- I took this picture yesterday standing in my kitchen (yes- inside, but obviously, zooming in) facing the backyard where this little island resides. 
(Insert Wifey's happy dance here) 

No comments: