One of the best things a counselor taught me was to list my thoughts, emotions, fears, stresses, etc. out on a piece of paper as a way to not keep it all in. (I tend to be a firework... keep it all in until one thing sets me off.) This is one of the easiest things for me to do because I. love. lists.
I've struggled with this blog lately because I feel like it's constantly nagging me to update it. And it's right... I desperately need to update it. I find this harder to do now that we're (mainly me) homeless and bouncing between Central and Southern California. At the same time I think back to when D went to bootcamp two years ago, and how blogging helped pass that time. Well, that and walking Bogey 14+ hours each day. I still feel slightly awkward updating this ball and chain when I feel like I have nothing that interesting going on. On the contrary, I love reading other people's blogs even if it's just what they did that week.
So I'm combining my need to update with my love of listing.
1. As previously mentioned- I'm homeless. We moved out of base housing up north and drove a VERY packed Subie down to California with our two furry fart heads. D is back east for school for the next 5 months.
2. Separating from D this time around was easier than the first time. I lovelovelove that I can call him everyday and hear what he's up to.
3. I love our families. I love the time that I have to bounce between the two, and visit with those I haven't seen much of in the past couple of years.
4. I've only had one freak out. (Insert me patting my own back) I learned that I should not make major decisions when I'm upset. I also learned that I love my dog-dogs so. incredibly. much. For as much as they drive me up a wall they also bring so much comfort to my life.
5. I've decided that the next 5 months is me time: No medications. No doctor appointments. Cry when I want, but move forward. Focus on the blessings I have. Find happiness in the smallest things. Start working out again. (Wait... whaat?)
6. Got a new laptop and new phone. Woop woop! I feel so fancy that I have all my music on my phone!
7. Loving the sun and heat that California provides. I barely have clothes to stay cool but after two years in cold isolation- I think I'll deal.
8. Pinterest destroyed my life. And I blame Megan. But I have a lot of projects that I'll be tackling soon.
9. I love that I have two suitcases and a box that I'll be living out of for awhile... but I equally hate it, too.
10. I'm so looking forward to upcoming events and visiting friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment