D heads back to work next week after being off for a month from his surgery. As much as I love having my own space, time and routine I actually survived him being home a lot better than I expected. It was great that he was home during the weeks that I just had no energy. The times he refilled my water bottle, made me a pb & j, took the night/ early morning shift with the dogs and attempted to do the dishes were greatly appreciated. Of course there were some moments that I was SO wishing the month would go by faster.
Probably the best part this past month was the ability to explore our area more on a moment's notice. One of the best perks of living in a small, coastal community is the unlimited access we have to the hundreds of beaches. One day we played tourist and drove south down the coastline to Manzanita and discovered another adorable town with some great beaches. I truly cannot wait to take our little one on walks to the beach!
No comments:
Post a Comment