Tuesday, April 10

You're 22 Weeks, Birdie Bird.

22-week birdie girl! 

Size of Baby: 28 cm long or about the size of a spaghetti squash
Total Weight Gain: My next OB appointment is at the end of this month but I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm up 3-4 lbs, at least, since the beginning of pregnancy. 
Continuing Symptoms: "Ouch" has been the word of the last couple of the weeks. Who knew that your hips widening and muscles stretching could hurt so bad? I'm still experiencing hip pain at night, increased sinus congestion, and lower back pain at times. 
New Symptoms: Hot flashes at night time. The weather has been super, super nice this week so we've been sleeping with our window open at night. I've also had a slight increase in mood swings, a couple painful leg cramps, and I can feel my feet softening/ widening to support my frame. 
Maternity Clothes: Same old, same old. D suggested that I start looking in to getting some maternity pants. He read my mind as I'm wondering how much longer I'll be able to survive with what I have. My shirts are still fitting but some are hitting me a lot shorter than before. 
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well at night considering I wake up a lot to change positions or visit the bathroom. In the mornings it's pretty easy for me to fall back asleep, sometimes as little as a couple minutes. I've had some crazy dreams, too. (D as well- he told me one night, while he was asleep, that if I was good he'd buy me a new DSLR camera. I vaguely remember responding back with an, "okay.") 
What I'm Eating: At this point- anything to keep me full. I'd rather eat a meal than have a bunch of snacks. Dinner is still my favorite meal of the day and I'm still wanting some type of meat with it. 
Cravings: Oh boy. Easter has been a bad influence. I've been craving/ eating waaaaaaay too many Smarties. You know it's bad when you start eating it out of your Easter basket before Easter. Then move onto your husband's basket. Then you buy more to replace what you ate but then just end up eating half the bag at the beach later that day. Tootsie Rolls haven't been much different, either. Otherwise I'm craving lots and lots of apple juice, cereal, and just sweets in general. 
Special Pregnancy Moments: Birdie girl has been moving like crazy! (Sometimes I know it's related to the sugar I ingested from the Smarties.) We've enjoyed having our first family visit since moving back to the PacNorWest AND becoming pregnant. I LOVE that my little bro-in-law tries so hard to feel my stomach to see if she's moving. Birdie got majorly spoiled with TONS of cute clothes by her Nana, aunt Steph, aunt Nikki, and one of her great-grandmother's. D finally felt her kick the other night- she kicked him three times in a row pretty hard. We also had a lot of fun on Easter by surprising our parents with Birdie's name. (But it's a secret to everyone else.) 


No comments: