30 Weeks!
Size of baby: About 17 inches from head to toes, and she weighs approximately 3 pounds.
Total Weight Gain: I'm up 3lbs which means my total weight gain since the beginning of this pregnancy is 16 lbs.
Continuing Symptoms: Nasal congestion, occasional mood swings (although a *little* more mild and seem to come when I'm either physically or mentally tired) Back pain by the end of the day or if I'm moving around a lot. I've had a few more cramps in my calves but I've found a way to make them pass a lot faster. While in California I was a hot mess in the nose bleed department but they, fortunately, only happened at nighttime.
New Symptoms: I began to notice that it felt like a small child was sitting on my chest whenever I was sitting or laying back in a reclined position. It got worse while we were in California but I chalked it up to the (way) hotter environment and active, busy days. I mentioned this at my OB appointment last week and my doctor ordered an Echocardiogram. (Aka... heart ultrasound) Everything came back normal except, turns out, I'm anemic. So I'm going to add an iron supplement and increase my natural iron intake.
Maternity Clothes: I purchased a new outfit for my baby shower- a cotton pencil skirt (which I already had in a different color and smaller size) and just a basic tee-shirt that was made extra long. I also found a really cute maternity shirt that fits now but still has room to grow. Otherwise I'm still functioning on what I already have. To date I have two designated maternity shirts and only one pair of maternity jeans.
Sleep: It was surprisingly very hard to sleep while I was in California. I had double the pillows I normally sleep with but I think because they weren't as fluffy as what I'm used it became hard to find a good position for all of them. I'm sure the fact that it was 30+ degrees warmer than what I'm used to also had a big factor. Now that we're back home I'm sleeping a lot more comfortable. (D also reports that I've been a snoring machine lately. Puuul-ease...this coming from the boy who talks in his sleep constantly. I can't believe him until I have proof!)
What I'm Eating: I was spoiled in California! I greatly enjoyed splurging on all of my favorite restaurants! I also loved that my dad made tri-tip... enough for me to eat for lunch the entire time I was there. Plus he made sure I always had enough milk and cereal in the house. (Love that man!) We've had D's coworkers over for dinner a lot lately which is exciting for me: they cook/ bbq while I just wait for them to call me to the table!
Cravings: For the past couple of weeks I haven't been able to get enough corn on the cob. Up until this week we've had it just about everyday. I'm still craving sweets but I'm not indulging as much. This week I'm craving baby carrots with ranch dressing, cottage cheese, cheese it's, apple juice, and just dinner time in general. My entire pregnancy I've been DYING to have potato salad and tuna sandwiches. UGH!!!!
Special Pregnancy Moments:
1. Visiting my parents in California and having them see me pregnant, in person, for the first time. They both got a chance to feel Birdie girl kick and roll. My niece would not leave me alone either. She always wanted to be hugging my tummy or asking me baby questions. Let's just say we had some funny, interesting conversations that only 8-year-olds are capable of having.
2. We were blessed with the perfect baby shower (more on that in another post)
3. Having my father in law see my belly for the first time in person.
4. Purchasing ALL of the stuff that we need for this little girl and, somehow, fitting it in our Subaru for the 12-hour drive back to Oregon.
5. Birdie girl loves reggae music the best but also enjoys listening to Feist. (A girl after my own heart!)
6. Her changing table arrived on Friday and is set up in her room. I'm expecting her swing to arrive today, more cloth diapers later this week and her crib arrives next month. I also picked up the material to start making her reusable wipes.
7. D is obsessed with our new jogger stroller, infant car seat and our diaper bag. (All of which are pictured in the background above) He shows it off to EVERYone who comes over. He said he's going to install the car seat in the car soon because he likes the way it looks. I have to admit that he looks pretty darn hot pushing that stroller around with his Ray Bans on. Oh boy!
8. We have our last childbirth class this week which is really hard for me to believe. Where'd the time go?! I'm SO glad we took this class and would highly suggest it to everyone. It's forced us to have conversations that we never thought of having. Plus- D cracks me up every time.

No comments:
Post a Comment