32 weeks and feeling large!
Size of Baby: 16-ish inches (give or take) from head to toesies. She weighs about 4 pounds and, boy, do I feel it!
Total Weight Gain: I had gained one pound at my last OB appointment. My total weight gain since the beginning of pregnancy is 17lbs. I'm definitely feeling that weight gain in the obvious areas in addition to my thighs/ butt. (Insert rolling of eyes)
Continuing Symptoms: Nasal congestion, occasional "down" days, and back pain at the end of the day.
New Symptoms: I'm just plain uncomfortable all the time, especially as the day progresses. Iron supplements have really helped with the chest issues I reported a couple weeks ago. I can feel the symptoms of anemia coming back if I miss a pill or take them off "schedule." The past couple of days I've had pain/ discomfort in the heels of my feet. (I'm assuming from the weight of the pregnancy and me being pretty active during the days.)
Maternity Clothes: I haven't purchased anything recently, and I'm still working with what I currently own. Lately I've been preferring workout clothes for comfort, ease of getting into them, and fit.
Sleep: D says I'm still snoring at night. Ha! I'm sleeping... okay, I guess. Some night better than others but for the most part I'm just happy with what I do get. Of course I'm still up 4-6 times per night for potty breaks.
What I'm Eating: Same, normal eating habits although I've been having a stronger preference for healthier foods: avocados, blueberries, hard boiled eggs, orange juice, and oatmeal.
Cravings: Ugh I wish the craving for sweets would subside already! I'm doing much better in not indulging in every craving I get. A new frozen yogurt place recently opened just over a mile away from our house. I've been loving cake batter frozen yogurt with gummy bears on top. (For those who don't know I, usually, strongly dislike ice cream, frozen yogurt, shakes and smoothies... it's a texture thing.)
Special Pregnancy Moments:
1. Attending a really great La Leche League meeting and being lead to an amazing breastfeeding book... one that I finally click with. Not to mention the wonderful support from all of the women.
2. I washed all of Birdie's blankets, lovies, swaddlers, (etc) as well as all of her 0-3 month clothing. It was by far the cutest and most fun loads of laundry I've ever done.
3. I'm getting more anxious for her to just be here already and find that I'm getting envious of those women who are further along than I am. I've really tried to focus on just being in the moment because there's a good chance this may never happen again.
4. D has been amazing at helping me practice my breathing during pain. (Leg cramps, back pain, etc) It makes me feel much more confident that we'll be able to handle labor together instead of both of us becoming stupidly stubborn.... which we tend to do in stressful times.
5. I can feel all 4 pounds of our Birdie girl in just about every corner of my uterus. She's becoming more
6. I already know that D and I are going to be fighting over who gets to hold her. This is a legitimate fear of mine because I'm a huge mama bear. I had to wait so long and go through so much to get her I really only want her in MY arms. D has been working really hard to remind me that, hello, Wifey, he had to go through everything just as I did. I think we've come up with a little plan to give him the time he needs with her but that I don't feel like she's being taken away from me.
7. I've been besides myself with excitement to watch some of our friends turn into parents recently. I'm so incredibly happy for their new little families but also happy that it will be our turn pretty soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment