Mila-bird has taught me so much within these past 15 days: breastfeeding while shopping in Target/ restaurants, how to use the bathroom with an infant in your arms (a public one, too!), how to get blood drawn while holding said infant, driving with a screamer in the backseat, how to- unsuccessfully- change a (cloth) diaper in a car, how to clothe a child that's too big for most of the stuff you have, how to clip nails without mauling little fingers, and so on...
... just to name a few.
At this point I'm delighted (and feel a little guilty saying) that Birdie is an easy, peasy baby. Breastfeeding has been a breeze, I get to shower everyday, she likes the car (except when hungry), and I'm sleeping about 6-7 combined hours per night. (I still have dark circles under my eyes, though.) We spend the bulk of our days nursing, changing/ caring for cloth diapers, finding something to do outside of the house (cough, cough Target cough), and doing stuff that must be done- doggie exercising, laundry, lots of phone calls with D, and the like.
We've had quite a few visitors within the past two weeks. I wish it was easy to fork over Mila-bird when others perch- ready to take her from my arms... but that mama-bear in me kicks in. Hard. So far, this has been my only challenge. There have been times when I have to descretly excuse myself and cry in the bathroom after visitors leave. Sharing isn't always easy.
iPhoto notes that I've taken 145 pictures of Mila-bird within the past 15 days. You know...heh... just a few. Here's a sample of my favorites:
Last picture of me pregnant, walking into the hospital.
Our first picture together
My mom skyping with D during delivery/ clean up
4:30am, slightly tired, but thrilled.
Hanging out in the hospital nursery after nursing.
Heading home!
First night home
First pediatrician appointment/ day out.
Smiley bird
Birdie- girl loves her some water time.
Sweet girl
Snuggle bug









1 comment:
Oh, my goodness! She is so, so beautiful. And I'm so thrilled for you.
I have something to send you, but I need an address! I'll text you...
Post a Comment