Saturday, August 25

...And, Then, Your Face.


Mild contractions
Broken water
Hours of relentless back labor
An epidural
A high fever
A decision
An operating room
A Skype phone call
Full-body shaking
A single cry... Then a few more.
(and tears from your daddy)

...and, then, your face next to mine.

It was a face I'd been dreaming of for over three years. Your cry: a sound that instantly bonded you to me, and told me you were ours...forever.

Your journey- in every sense of the word- was nothing short of dramatic. Your calm, content nature, dark hair, chunky self, and mama-like features were all icing on top our new little cupcake.  

You were 9.8 pounds and 21.5 inches. And we're in love with all that you encompass.

Mila Scout- you are our favorite work of art. 

1 comment:

undefined said...

Oh, I want to cry; I'm that happy for you.

And I love, love, love the name. Congratulations!!