Thursday, March 18

Death Comes in Threes

At least this post isn't about people dying. But it's about dying nonetheless.

Most of you know that D and I are having quite the week. Short version- our only car died on Monday which caused a lot of stress and panic. (By me) We figured out that it was our alternator and saved ourselves at least $275 by installing it ourselves on Tuesday.

Then our laptop power cord died... after we installed the alternator. No power cord- no laptop. The car was working so I was at peace with waiting for a newly ordered cord to ship to us.

Today the power cord arrives. The laptop has power!

And, also, the car died....again. While D and another coastie were working on the car the SAR* alarm went off. Just my luck.

While I'm hogging sleeping in my comfy bed tonight our car must spend hers on base. Alone. Behind a secured gate. (At least she'll have a great view, right?) Depressing music will play in the background as she tells the wandering deer stories about the good-old-days.She'll shed a little oil tear when she flashes back to earlier in the day when the little pup had his head out the window, tongue flapping in the breeze as I enjoyed my new ipod playlist.

Start workin', girly!

Soooo... in an attempt to relax and be calm here are some lovely pictures that I took while taking dinner to D last night.


Now I'm off to attempt to melt my worries away in the tub and then finish my onesie project.**

---

*S.A.R.: Search and Rescue

**Onesie project: a post about this will come after Saturday.

No comments: