Thursday, March 4

The Inner Nerd Confesses

Less than a week ago I was watching a small fry when we decided to watch a movie. Not being able to decide on a dvd I checked the tv schedule to see if anything might be airing. I found that the The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe movie had started five minutes prior.

This is a story that I've been dying to read since I was in elementary school. Every time I went to the school library I picked up the book to check out but, for some reason, I always put it back. After watching the movie for about fifteen minutes I was thrilled to find that it's like a kid version of Lord of the Rings. (Let's just say that I probably know more about Lord of the Rings than you think I do. Enough to argue with correct D.)

So this morning I was offered a chance to borrow the series to read.

Uhh... didn't know there are seven books. Seven!

Confession: I'm half- way through the first book.

In fact, I'm only writing this blog post at 12:36am as a way to break myself from the book before I feed my inner nerd cookies and put her to bed. Okay, Okay, I'm going to sneak in a recorded episode of My Life As Liz but only so I'm caught up on the show.

Speaking of which...

Someone recently commented that I love Liz so much because I am Liz.

Told that to D.

He said, "What? No. You're not even close to being as cool as Liz."

He's right. She probably doesn't calculate, based on today's readings, how fast she'd get through a seven-book series...

...On her calendar.

No comments: