Tuesday, September 6

Bridges for Freeways

Our house has morphed into a state of organized chaos. 






Moving is a military family's constant. It seems like six months after the very last box has been unpacked you're already talking about when you're moving next. It starts out being so vague ("Oh, in a few years.") and whittles down into something more specific. ("May 2012") Then it becomes tangible: "Three more months,"... "A couple weeks,"... "October __." This is where we are... we're in specifics.

It's crazy to think we've been here for two years. It seems like the longest two years ever. So much "life" happened when we were up here, and my list of Things I've Learned has grown. There are definitely somethings that I will miss up here but, at this point, I'm so. ready. to. leave. 


I can't wait to trade rain for sun, isolation for people, bridges for freeways, tourists for locals, mist for fog, lack of options for too many options, 3 bedroom house for a bedroom, Seattle/ Portland for San Fran/ L.A., rivers for pools and porcupines for.... wait I'll keep that last part. I still pee my pants with excitement when I see porcupines. 

And, so, the packing and painting continues.... 

No comments: