Wednesday, August 12

Bummer

How hard is it to find rental house or apartment in a town the size of my former high school?

About as easy as herding cats.

D is supposed to call me this weekend to let me know about our housing situation- whether or not we can live on base.

As much as I love to wait (sarcasm) I decided to do it myself. I spoke with the housing person this morning, and my fear was confirmed.

There's no available housing. Bummer.

I placed us on the waiting list. Looks like we're about #2 or #3 on the list. We might be able to get in around October or November. I've heard that the housing is very, very nice and has a great sense of community.

The housing person is sending me the paperwork to release us to live on the economy. We're required to live within 30 minutes, or less, of the base so that D can respond to calls if needed. This isn't a big deal because there's a few small towns and then NOTHING. But, because the towns are so stinkin' small, it makes house hunting near impossible. It's very foreign to me that the chances of us not having a place secured before we physically get up there is very likely.

No matter what happens in this department I know that we'll be joining a great bunch of people. The wives meet frequently to spend time together and I really cannot wait to be apart of that.

In the meantime I'm trying to get through this week, which seems like it's super long. The past couple days I've been down and emotional for some reason. I'm treating myself to a spa session* this afternoon since I haven't really done anything just for me since D has left. I'm so excited for 75 minutes of remineralizing body wrap bliss. Usually I get massages but thought I'd try something a little different.

Hopefully, by the end of the session, I'll be "intensely relaxed" and able to forget the fact that Bogey chewed one of my shoes this morning**. (AAAAAARGH!)



*If D asks why I did this I'm blaming you, Meg.

**Apparently, asking him to wait 10 minutes- while I got dressed- before I took him outside to play at 5:45am this morning was 10 minutes too long. I can see how a gold, metallic flat seems better to take your frustration out on than the giant rawhide bone that was 4 inches away from the shoe.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hope you enjoyed that spa visit. One week left of work. Ya Hoo!! We will see you super duper soon.

Love you and miss you,

Susan