Friday, August 7

A Life Change at 3:45pm

Finally, at 3:45pm a 609 number popped onto my phone.

We're going to Ilwaco, Washington. AKA Cape Disappointment. This was D's first choice if we had to leave California.

This is a surf station which is one of the best places on the west coast for D to be. It's called Cape Disappointment because it's basically a grave yard for ships. The swells can get up t 20-30 feet. The CG averages about 300-400 assistance calls per year. It's the busiest rescue swimming station on the Pacific coast. Basically- D will be having a blast. There's ton of camping/ hiking and it rains 200 days out of the year.

I think I'll invest in some cute rain boots.

We're completely thrilled about this assignment!

He's not sure when he'll have to report. He'll get to call me next weekend with some more information. We do know that there's 1) no base housing available and 2) if there was base housing we probably don't want to live in a teeny tiny town. We're going to start our housing hunt in Oregon.

I'm sure Bogey will appreciate the cooler weather.


** I'm just now posting this because 1) I was beside myself with excitement that I couldn't think, 2) I had to call about 3 million people and send lots of text messages.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Woo Hoo!!! Jet Blue can get us there!

Love ya,
Susan