Tuesday, July 17
The One Before I'm Considered Full-Term
Size of Baby: Birdie is approximately 18.75 in long from head to toe, and weighs about 5.75 lbs. (Give or take)
Total Weight Gain: Apparently I had a 9 lb growth spurt since my last OB appointment. That brings my total weight gain to 26 lbs.
Continuing Symptoms: Nasal congestion and just being over all uncomfortable.
New Symptoms: Swollen hands and feet at random times during the day.
Labor Symptoms: Braxton-Hicks contractions have increased like crazy. Over the weekend I started having cramping and sharp lower back pains- accompanying Braxton-Hicks contractions-that have since increased in volume as the days go by. While uncomfortable and noticeable, they're not strong or painful enough to stop what I'm doing for the most part. (I've had maybe 2 that really caught my attention.) A couple days ago I noticed that Birdie has dropped a little. I feel a slight increase in lower pressure, noticed her kicks don't hit underneath my ribs as much (thank g.o.o.d.n.e.s.s), and others have noticed I'm carrying a little lower.
Maternity Clothes: I purchased a new layering tank to wear underneath my shirts. It's been so warm around here that sometimes I just wear it as a shirt around the house. I grew out of another regular shirt but I still have enough left to, hopefully, finish out this pregnancy.
Sleep: Sleep hasn't changed too much. I've been falling asleep on the couch and moseying to bed around 1:30am. Hip pain causes lots of side switching. I'm pretty sure I've also mastered the art of sleeping nearly straight up.
What I'm Eating: I've noticed my eating habits have slightly changed. I go through spurts of being content with just snacking here and there. Then there are days, or times, that I'm STARVING and craving a big meal. D's coworkers eat dinner at our house regularly and love to bbq. That means this lady gets to kick back and enjoy what they make.
Cravings: Guacamole and chips, grilled cheese sandwiches, waffles, bananas, and Mexican food in general. Most random craving? Mr. Pibb soda.
Special Pregnancy Moments:
1. Receiving a couple handmade baby blankets from D's family.
2. My LAST order of cloth diapers arrived yesterday- we're officially prepared for her arrival in the booty-care department.
3. D has been showering me with extra sweet words, foot rubs, back scratches, and hugs. I so need and appreciate every one of them.
4. Bogey has been my shadow lately, and rarely leaves my side. Makes me wonder what he's sensing...?
5. Making it to 37 weeks without complications. I'm so grateful that this pregnancy has been very, very easy.
6. I've been having more dreams about labor/ delivery and breastfeeding.
7. I keep forgetting to say that it's been about a month since I grew out of wearing my wedding ring. My grandmother, who passed away awhile ago, left me a very special diamond ring. Prior to pregnancy the ring was really big and I kept putting off sizing it. Thanks to pregnancy it now fits! I love wearing it as it makes me feel like she's apart of Birdie's pregnancy. I know my grandmother would have been the strongest and most out spoken supporter of D and I during our infertility trials. My mom and I often wonder what crazy things she would have possibly done to "fix" everything for us.
This is my last pregnancy update before a BIG exciting/ stressful/ scary/ ambitious/ fast change happens around our neck of the woods. Once it's official (any day now) then we'll fill everyone in on what's happening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You look great! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and with labor/delivery!! I'm so excited for you guys.
Post a Comment