... Here she comes! 34 weeks down.
Size of Baby: 17.75 inches or about the size of an average cantaloupe. She weighs approximately 4.75 pounds. She's also head down and facing my spine. Let's keep it that way, Birdie-bird!
Total Weight Gain: I have a doctor's appointment next week so I'll have an answer then. I really feel like there's a basketball perma-attached to my stomach.
Continuing Symptoms: Nasal congestion, lower back pain, unhappy feet and just plain uncomfortable.
New Symptoms: Increasing Braxton-Hicks contractions. They, so far, don't hurt and are really random. I usually get them more in the afternoons and evenings. My legs are really starting to feel the weight of pregnancy. Sometimes it feels as if I've ran a marathon when really I just walked across the house.
Maternity Clothes: The shirt in the above picture is new to me but it's a hand-me-down that's not a maternity shirt. I'm pretty proud/ excited that I've been able to get this far without a bazillion maternity items. Although, I was finally pushed out of my favorite pair of jeans: my skinny jeans. I miss them terribly.
Sleep: Sleep is getting increasingly harder. I usually start out crashing on the couch and then shuffle to bed around 1:30am-2am. Usually I'm up a little after D leaves for work but lately I've been sleeping in until at least 8am. I've been shoving a pillow under my stomach when I sleep on my side which has been helping me sleep for longer stretches without being uncomfortable. Unfortunately one of D's pillows works the best and I can't always steal it from him. (Especially when I'm already occupying a minimum of 3 pillows.) I'm having to sit up straighter to get comfy when I'm on my back.
What I'm Eating: Eating habits haven't changed much. I've been wanting more steak and veggies, or just healthier things in general. Some days I eat terribly, though. I've been eyeing the pineapple currently residing in our fruit basket. I'm excited to crack it open for the 4th of July but I have a feeling this lady will not be sharing much of it.
Cravings: Still craving blueberries! When it's hot I still want frozen yogurt. I spent 10 minutes at the grocery store the other day trying to decide if I really wanted a box of popsicles... but I was good and walked away.
Special Pregnancy Moments:
1. I ordered 8 more newborn cloth diapers this past week. I'm SO excited for them to arrive! The only thing left to get in the diaper department is the actual cloth diapers. Those will arrive by the end of this month. I've washed our diaper stash that we do have and it's all ready to go.
2. I got a killer deal at a local consignment store on a ton of outfits ranging from newborn to 12 months.
3. I've been on a mission to find the perfect "going-home" outfit for Birdie-girl, and I found it yesterday!
4. I've been jotting down notes to compile our birth plan. I've also been doing a LOT more prenatal yoga, sitting on my birthing ball and focusing on relaxing when I feel tense or stressed.
5. Birdie has been moving like crazy! Some days she's all elbows, knees and feet. I've been able to catch her on video a few times.
6. A couple of our friends have been able to feel Birdie moving like crazy. I love watching their reactions!
7. It's so surreal to think, "Next month we will have a baby." Whooooa!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment