It's a girl! Meet our little Birdie.
Total Weight Gain: I thought I was at 4.5lbs total since the beginning of pregnancy, but as of Monday I've only gained 2lbs total. True story.
Continuing Symptoms: Hip pain at night time. It's getting better since I've figured out better sleeping/ pillow arrangements. I'm still experiencing nasal congestion but it goes unnoticed unless it's a full on sinus infection.
New Symptoms: Nothing new within the past week!
Physical Changes: Belly is getting more noticeable, especially first thing in the morning before I eat breakfast. A couple weeks ago it would have been flat in the early mornings.
Maternity Clothes: Of course the day after I posted my last update I suddenly found myself not able to zip my jeans! I'm proudly sporting my new belly bands, and I'm so glad I already had them on hand. Shirts are still fitting at this point.
Sleep: Sleeping is still pretty consistent. A few nights ago I had a little insomnia from a busy, exciting day. The past couple of nights I've been ready for bed really early and completely pass out when I get into bed.
What I'm Eating: Over the past four days or so I've really noticed my appetite getting bigger. I'm getting hungry really fast, especially in the late afternoon. Right now I'm loving pasta with meat. Dinner has quickly become my favorite meal EVER.
Cravings: Sweets... again. I'm loving fishy crackers, milk, beef, grapes, bananas, and rice.
Special Pregnancy Moments: At the end of last week I figured out that I was feeling her move! It's still too light for D to feel. So, for the record, Birdie started moving in her 17th week. Loved seeing her move around a our ultrasound. She was opening and closing her hands and mouth. Even though we weren't shocked that we're having a girl it was exciting to get confirmation. I've just known the whole pregnancy that she was a girl. We have her name all picked out but we're not announcing it until she's born. I'm looking forward to beginning a lot of crafting projects: onesies, finishing up recovering her bassinet, recovering her glider, painting her dresser, and sewing her crib set... just to name a few!

1 comment:
This makes me so happy that I might have become a little teary-eyed. Yay! Congratulations! And congratulations again! And just in case you don't realize how excited I am for you, congratulations again! Little girls are just, oh, to die for. (Little boys are, too, but...you know.)
P.S. Love that you're calling her "birdie." Somehow it's beyond perfect.
Post a Comment