Sunday, March 18

This, That & Some Things

 I got a really ridiculously good deal on fabric from JoAnn's. When I got it home I realized that the saleslady measured out the fabric incorrectly so I received 15 yards of fabric for $19! 

 We've been redecorating our living/ dining/ kitchen area, trying to get away from a country Pottery Barn look and going towards something we actually like. First thing to change was the curtains. 

In addition to these curtain panels I made two valences for the smaller windows in the same rooms. (And still had TONS of fabric to spare!) 

 The next day I moved onto making a maxi skirt. Keep in mind the curtains above are the first things I've sewn in eons. I looked over a few online tutorials for the skirt but ended up just winging the whole project. It's definitely NOT perfect, I learned a lot through my mistakes, and I now hate working with jersey material... but I didn't give up! I just need to shorten the length a tad and- ta-da!- I'll be wearing it in no time. 

Yesterday D and I went to a first birthday party. I spent the days prior whipping up this little outfit. I also crocheted a matching beanie. I've found a new love for double-sided interfacing and it has made my onesie projects waaaaay easier and faster. Birdie bird already has a few mama-made onesies. Was is it about hot air balloons that make me smile? 

Speaking of Birdie girl... I picked this lovely up the other day.  

Here's the- free- dresser that we scored for Birdie. It's going to get all new drawer pulls and a new color. I'm so happy I found a piece in great condition, with good lines, and will double as her changing table.  

D found this vintage cradle at a local consignment store for an astonishingly low, low, low price. We've decided to sell the other one that we already had and use this one instead. Not only is it sturdier but it's also bigger than the other bassinet. This, too, will get painted and I'm going to add some simple linens to it.  

We've had a crazy spring so far: lots and lots of rain but even more snow! Unfortunately the snow decided to melt at the same time it decided to pour for three days straight. This meant that the rivers flooded BIG time and prevented D from getting to work and me from my favorite day: grocery shopping day.  

We took a risk and drove through 3 feet of water to get into town. Scariest. 3. Minutes. Ever. Our car survived, thankfully, but there were many that didn't.  

Our new addiction: raspberry cheese danishes. It kills me to look at this picture and know I currently don't have any in the kitchen.  

I always forget I'm just not a long-haired person. I try and try but it always ends up in a bun unwashed for days and very damaged. After years and years of wanting to I finally took the plunge....

 A pixie cut and 7 inches of hair later... gone! I. Love. It. SOOOOOOO. Much. 

A good reason why D should never be unsupervised at the Goodwill store- he comes home with a powder blue polyester suit. Sigh.  

Finally- I caught this sweet, sweet moment between D and Roo yesterday on our walk. It was SO nice to feel the sun on our skin. Love these two together. 


No comments: