20 Weeks, baby!
Size of Baby: 16.5 cm or about the size of a small cantaloupe (Yum!)
Total Weight Gain: I'm going to say about 3lbs since the beginning of pregnancy.
Continuing Symptoms: Some days I have mild hip pain and others I don't. Experiencing more nasal congestion this week but I think because the weather has been changing back and forth between sun and rain too much. That always messes me up.
New Symptoms: Not so much new but resurfacing: lower back pain and some abdominal pain/ discomfort. Birdie is definitely requiring some more room in her little nest.
Maternity Clothes: Still sporting the belly band everyday I'm wearing jeans. Otherwise I'm just making due with the clothes I have.
Sleep: I've been staying up later at night (currently typing this at 11:20pm on Saturday night) but my body sure does shut down when it's absolutely done... like falling asleep while I'm in the middle of eating some late-night cereal. True story. I've slept pretty well these past couple of weeks despite the fact that we've been keeping the thermostat up higher at night.
What I'm Eating: Birdie has been increasing my appetite as the day progresses. Thankfully, I want to cook and I've been trying out a lot of new recipes. I've been getting distracted during the lunch hour so I'm going to work at making myself stop my day to eat better lunches this coming week.
Cravings: Normally I'm okay with eating meat for dinner a couple times a week...if that. Not so much the case anymore- I HAVE to have meat at dinnertime, with beef being the preferred choice. Still loving fishy crackers to snack on, peanut butter toast, rice, bananas, grapes, and balsamic glaze sauce on ANYthing... and sometimes a spoonful by itself just because. This week's craving has been vanilla pudding.
Special Pregnancy Moments: Birdie moves for at least 10 minutes at the very minimum of once per day. She wiggles first thing in the morning and sometimes for over an hour between 8pm and 10pm. Once I caught her moving at 2am when I rolled over in bed. Her kicks and punches are strong enough to see through my bare stomach but not yet strong enough for D to feel. Hopefully soon! I finally got her room very organized in its most basic, plain form. It helps that we're expecting visitors in about a week. I hope to really get a start on all of her bedding/ linens during the next couple of weeks. I love watching my belly grow, and I'm still in awe at how my body just knows how to do things.
D and I LOVE searching/ finding second hand items that are in great condition and that have a decent price. Actually, there are only a few pieces of furniture... as in three items... in our home that are brand spanking new. Everything else has been handed down, craigslisted, or purchased from a yard sale or second hand store. There's a great second hand children's store in a neighboring town that I love check occasionally. Today was my first time in since finding out we are having a girl.
Clockwise from top: Denim jumper with matching bloomer, floral pink dress, four unused (yes!) receiving blankets, two piece swimsuit and a lavender onesie with matching pants. My total price for all of this? $20. ($20!!!) ... I can't stop looking at the bathing suit. It's sooo tiny!



2 comments:
This is just so fun! Good work on the clothes and bathing suit, but looking at all that makes me want a little baby again. Uh-oh.
And I love, love, love your hair. I think that's the haircut I've been trying to get the last few times I've had mine done, but somehow it just never translated the way I wanted it to. Now you're inspiring me to try again...
Yes, yes Ellie NEEDS to a sibling! I highly support that decision! I wish you lived closer so you could just get your baby fix with Birdie. (And I could get my Ellie fix.)
Thanks! I love, love, love it, too. It's so weird to wake up, run some product through it and go. I'm so glad I finally did it. My cut is a cross between Michelle Williams and Carey Mulligan... but more on the Carey Mulligan side. I'm liking my bangs a lot better now that it's had a couple weeks to get settled.
Post a Comment