Friday, July 31

Answer When It's 609... Answer When It's 609...

About an hour ago I got off the phone with...

D!

The 609 number popped onto my phone RIGHT as a text message came in. Trying to shoo the text out of the way caused me to miss the call. Who's calling me from 609?

(609... Uhh... wasn't that what D called me from a couple weeks back? Wait, maybe it's 709 that he called me from. Shoot!)

So I called the number back just in case. No one answered. I got his CC's machine.

I thought for a minute and I decided to try again. (Wouldn't you?) Sure enough- I got his head CC. He yelled for D to come to the phone and then, loudly, said something to him. D replied with a "Sir, yes, sir!"

He was rewarded the phone call because he's always the first person to volunteer when something needs to be done. He also said:

- He's no longer Squad Leader because he's got too many other jobs on his plate. (Which must be new because he hasn't said anything about other jobs)

- It rains about 3 times a week. "It's like hurricane weather."

- He had his running test and came in 6th. D's totally not a runner so that was good for him.

- They had a shooting test and he scored a 136 out of 150. This means that he qualified as a sharp shooter. He'll get a special ribbon on his uniform for making this.

- He's getting his shoulder checked out tomorrow to make sure he can participate in the pugle (sp?) stick "fights" on Monday.

- He got to march in W-181's graduation ceremony.

- He's got 14 cavities and has to have his wisdom teeth pulled. Seems like a lot but he hasn't been to a dentist in years. They're small but they want to take care of them. He MIGHT have to stay a week later if they don't finish his exam by graduation. It won't count against him and he'll still graduate on the 8/28. He can take leave if we decide to stay a little after graduation. (Actually, we're probably staying the day after graduation since it's cheaper.)

- They've filled out and submitted their dream sheets. I should get a call next week with where we're going.

We talked about a couple other things but I can't post them as one is confidential and the other was just personal. The 5 minutes went by really fast this time.

Not a bad way to start the weekend.





Ps... Happy Birthday to D's sister, S, who turns 21 today! We miss you like crazy and hope you have a great Disney performance and birthday dinner.

No comments: