Thursday, July 9

First Week

(If you haven't noticed I posted pictures from our last weekend together... scroll down to the post below this one to see.)

Here we are in the middle of D's first week at boot camp.

I think I'm doing really well so far. I haven't had any emotional breakdowns, and have been genuinely excited and happy for D. Of course... it's only the first week.

I've only had a couple issues since D left.

#1: My car decided this was the perfect time to develop a coolant leak. Long story short- it was loosing half a tank, at least, of coolant each day over a period of a couple weeks. I took the car in for an inspection and was told there was a possible crack in my block. (Apparently that's bad) I've been car-less for a couple days while a mechanic has been inspecting and working on it. Turns out it wasn't a crack in the block but a combination of the water pump, thermostat and something else. (Apparently, that's better...?) I'm happy that I finally get my car back tonight. (Big, special thanks to those to carted me around for two days... and to the person who bought me dinner... twice.)

#2: I can't sleep. At all. D's departure forces me to now get up at 5:30am to take Bogey for a looong walk before I leave for work. (Otherwise, later in the day, he'll act like a tired 3 year old hyped up on sugar with no nap.) Also, since I'm the only one at home I can't get my body to relax as it wants to be in a protective mode. It's not that I'm not tired- which I really am- it's just I can't relax. Hopefully this will start go away as a new week approaches.

I heard from D a little on Tuesday in between his flights. He said he was really tired but that the flights were good. He met up with bunch of other recruits in Texas. Then, he called me one last time from the airport in Philadelphia.

I've made a friend through an CG wives online forum. She's on the east coast. Her husband and D are in the same company- Zulu181.

I sent out an e-mail to everyone with D's address. If you didn't get it please let me know.

Check out this CG video when you get a chance. It talks about what he's doing right now, this week. Also- his Com.pany Com.mander (CC) is the very first guy they show. (By himself) He's also the guy by himself at the very end. This CC is a pretty famous guy because of these videos that were made. Let's just say that D will be working hard. (Grin!)

Oh...You'll need to turn off the music at the very bottom of my page before you watch the video.



No comments: