Monday, July 6

First Night

Boags and I got home safely last night after a very quick drive home. After getting a little settled (and avoiding laundry) we both sat on the couch together. We sort of looked at each other and thought, "Well, now what?"

It already felt weird to be in such a quiet apartment... so off to my parents I went! I'm sure this is the first of many, many, many drop-ins that I'll have at their home.

My first night by myself went fine. I'm used to being asleep before D would get home from basketball and such. Naturally, Bogey and I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie.

Bogey was not enthusiastic about my 5:30am wake up nudge... then push... to get up for a walk. We had a good walk and it was nice to be out in the cool weather.

After work I tried to keep busy with surfing the web for some information, a little laundry and some grocery shopping. Boags and I walked for an hour and- let me say- it kicked his butt. (Grin!)

I wrote D his first letter tonight, essentially recapping the day and filling him in on random things. Now I'm fully awake, hence why I'm posting after 11:15pm.

I got to chat with D throughout the day in spurts of text messages and a few phone calls. He made weight and swore in (officially) after about 9am this morning. He also got his flight information. Poor guy has another long day tomorrow that starts at 4am. (He had to get up at 3:45am today.) So far he sounds good- excited- which is all I can ask for.

He plans on calling me again tomorrow, but I'm not quite sure when that will be.

Time for cereal and then bed.


--

If you're a new person to my blog: Obviously I use nicknames as much as I can, and I try to be as non-descriptive with identifying info. (Where we live, my job, names, etc) Please do the same if you're leaving a comment. (Which you'll need a G.oogle account to do.)

No comments: