Tuesday, July 28

Half Way

Today marks the half-way mark for D and his company. Check out the boot camp website for an update from their "historian." (Scroll down to a few posts before this to get the link again.)

He continues to do well. I received another letter today but I believe I received it sometime during the weekend. I'm not posting that letter as it's mostly an inside joke that no one would understand. I should receive another letter this week- hopefully it's long.

The critters and I are hanging there just fine. I think I'm at the point where I'm perfectly fine being by myself. The first couple weeks were pretty hard- I was either happy as a clam or hating life. Now I'm more consistently happy. With boot camp being half-way over I feel like this adventure train is gearing up to go super fast. With work coming to a close in three weeks, prepping for a move, and traveling for his graduation I really hope I can keep up.

I am truly, truly grateful for how our ward has extended so much support and encouragement- particularly our Bishop. I even have members calling me to make sure that I'm doing okay.

Bogey finally stopped waking up at 4:45am. Finally. I've started to run a little bit each day and can now run a full half mile without dying. I haven't been able to do this since after I got mono in high school. Today, Bogey pooped out on me before I was ready to stop running. I'm pretty sure the running is helping him sleep better.

Within the next two weeks we'll be receiving our first assignment. I'm trying to wait as patiently as possible. I'm also trying to keep an open mind no matter where it is.

Time to get back to my Chr.istian B.ale movie. (wink)

No comments: