Thursday, July 23

Much About Nothing

I haven't posted much during the past few weeks because there's nothing- literally- going on.

Every day is very repetitive for me so the days sort of blend together, only separated by long periods of sleep.

Bogey and I try to stay as busy as possible but sometimes that's hard. The heat, for one, has been really hard on him. He can't walk for very long because of his fur. But if I don't walk him he goes crazy from being cooped up all day. This week has been better since it's not 112 degrees anymore.

For the most part we hang out at home. We wrestle and play fetch. He chases the cat and I watch movies or clean up around the house. He steals socks and I yell at him. (Two socks escaped me as I found them thrown up the next day. Yum.)

As a special treat, Bogey got his first real bath last night. (We usually baby wipe him down every day) Our water dog does not care for water too much. He loved the shampoo part since I had to scratch and massage his whole body. The rinse part went better since I made the water warmer. Now he smells super good and has a very shiny coat. I escaped with less whining (from him) and scratches than when I bathe the cat.

I still get up really early. Lately we've been meeting another girl at the school nearby to let our two dogs play. She (T) has a boxer that's barely a year named Jackson. Bogey and Jackson love to chase each other. T and I get to just stand and watch while the dogs wear themselves out... MUCH less work for us.

On a different note...

I still haven't received any letters from D. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get one today or tomorrow. Every day feels really long and extremely boring but the weeks are going by faster than I thought. In two weeks we'll find out where we're going and start making travel plans for his graduation.

I'll try my hardest to find interesting and funny things to post. (Like before D left) Buuuuut I'm sure I'll keep boring everyone with what the dog is doing...

... Which, sadly, is pretty much what I write D about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is coming! Yesterday was my birthday, and I was all excited to get Josh's letter, because I'd assumed it would come the same day as the last one. Oh man, I was devastated when it didn't show up. I cried and and cried. But it came in the mail today. Josh said that he was piecing it together whenever he had a spare minute. I bet D is doing the same and it will be there any time now!

Wifey said...

Ugh! Jealous! Check your CC site... I sent you a PM.